Planning your wedding can be one of the most challenging and overwhelming projects that you tackle. There are so many details to take care of. You have to pick a venue, entertainment, lighting, caterer, dress and that’s only the beginning. How are you supposed to know everything you need? Where can you go for help?
Bridal shows play an important role for engaged couples. They give you the opportunity to learn about the latest industry trends, see gorgeous venues and network with professional vendors who know their stuff. There are many reasons to attend but let’s look at the top three.
You can network with other couples and professional vendors. This is a great way to gather information and get some fresh ideas. You might find an excellent referral from another bride. You can tour some amazing venues like the Southern Bridal Show at the BJCC January 13, 2013. A bridal showcase gives you the opportunity to surround yourself with people who are looking for the same answers you are.
Most bridal shows have vendor sponsors with multiple industries represented. Not sure about your location? Attend the venue’s bridal show. Need help deciding what kind of entertainment to offer? Speak to one the experienced professional entertainment experts. Most bridal showcase vendors have been in the business for years, and are willing to share their knowledge with you. They have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. Bridal shows are an excellent way to benefit from the professional’s years of experience.
Bridal shows are notorious for having AMAZING give-aways. You can win all kinds of interesting and wedding related things just by going to the shows and learning more about your upcoming event. Like the upcoming Southern Bridal Show, registered brides will also receive a FREE one year subscription to Brides Magazine and will be eligible to win a deluxe, all-inclusive honeymoon trip!. You can’t take advantage of the give-away opportunities if you don’t go to the shows.
Brides have enough to do without trying to do it all alone. Come to a bridal show and see what you’re missing. You can always stop by our booth and speak to our experienced staff. We can't wait to see you.
Stay tuned for a complete bridal show schedule.
Bridal Show season is around the corner. For those who are getting married, it can be an exciting and confusing time. There are lots of shows to attend and so much to see. How do you handle it all?
Just like the wedding, the bridal shows will go much smoother with a little planning. Be prepared before you attend to get the most out of each and every minute.
Top 10 tips for attending a bridal show
- THREE IS NOT A CROWD: Bring your fiance, parents, bridesmaids, friends and long lost relatives. They can help you cover twice the ground and offer opinions about the choices of wedding merchants. (Note: About 30% of fiancés attend, in spite of what yours may say! Last time I checked, men liked cake samples too.)
- GET TIME ON YOUR SIDE: Plan to spend at least 2 hours so you can visit all the wedding vendors and see at least one fashion preview. You will regret it if you don't. No where else will you accomplish so much in so little time.
- STICK IT TO WIN: Bring pre-printed address labels for prizes and giveaways. Many vendors hold drawings for trips, prizes, and discounts. Your labels save you from repeatedly writing your name and address. This saves time and ink. You can even print some of your own and include your email address.
- DON'T FORGET YOUR WALLET: Bring your checkbook in case you might want to book services or hold dates with a deposit. The top photographers, caterers, florists, and DJs book up quickly.
- BRING YOUR CALENDAR: With so much talent in one location, you are sure to find vendors you would like to schedule a one-on-one consultation with.
- HAVE A PLAN: Know what you are looking for and have questions in mind. You will save time and see everything that’s important to you.
- COMFORT MATTERS: Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking and it's hard to concentrate on what you're doing with aching feet.
- HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN: If you're out of town, send a substiute to to collect information on services you need and register you for prizes.
- HAVE NO FEAR: Ask questions! The vendors are there to help you. You are under no pressure to buy from them, so find out everything you need to know. Most of the vendors have years of experience and can give you great and practical information.
- KNOW YOUR OPTIONS: There are lots of shows scheduled from January - April each year. Know what's available. Some vendors and venues even host their own private shows. Check it out and make a schedule. That way you won't miss a thing.
Want to meet and greet with Mr. Burch Formal Wear? Check out the shows where we will be this season.
● January 6 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm – SHELBY LIVING BRIDAL SHOW
● January 6 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm – BRIDAL MARKET by PWG
● January 13 from 12:00- 5:00 pm – SOUTHERN BRIDAL SHOW
● February 24 – A BRIDAL AFFAIR
● February 24 from 1:00 - 4:00pm - WEDDINGS 101, TRAVEL PLANNERS
● August 11 from 1:00 - 4:00pm – TRUSSVILLE CHAMBER BRIDAL SHOW